Gastric banding is an invasive treatment for chubbiness. These categories of intrusion are recognised as bariatric surgery.
The technique involves tightening of the stomach, so that you feel satisfied with small consumption.
How does it work?
Gastric band operation encompasses putting on an expandable band to the stomach.It’s placed round the upper quota of the stomach to reduce the stomach size.
It is a category of weight loss surgical procedure that implicates placing a silicone band round the superior portion of the stomach in order to minimize stomach size and minimize food intake.
Modifications can amend the degree of tightening round the stomach as the band generates a small stomach pouch.
With a stomach pouch,the lessen as the stomach is restricted to grasp a small foodstuffs at any given time.
The outcome is an augmented feeling of pudginess after consumption of a smaller quantity of food. This, in turn, diminishes starvation and helps lower inclusive food consumption.
A gastric band is carried out under broad anaesthesia and it is customarily done in a casualty clinic where individuals don’t have to stay.
The practice is negligibly invasive and is achieved through spyhole incision where the physician has to mark up to five minor surgical incisions on it.
Surgery procedure is carried out using a laparoscope which often takes like an hour.
Benefits of gastric banding.
The benefits of laparoscopic gastric banding consist of:
- you are likely to endure weight loss in case you are chubby.
- The procedure is quick with hastened recovery
- There are minor probabilities of wound contamination and hernias following surgical treatment
- There is a compacted threat of diabetes, hypertension, urinary incontinence,
- There is an improved eminence of life following the surgical treatment.
- There is similarly the preference to eliminate or alter the band.
What to expect after surgery?
Some people have an antagonistic response to anaesthesia, comprising hypersensitive reactions, inhalation problems, blood coagulates in the feet that may reach to the lungs resulting into pulmonary embolism and heart spasm following surgery.
But with qualified physician, rarely will you develop any reaction for the reason that, the physician will first test your compatibility to any anaesthetic medication before use.
Minus qualified physician, you may as well encounter the following risk after weight loss surgery. You might develop stomach hernia:
- gastritis, stomach-ache, and stomach pustules
- wound septic
- gastrointestinal mutilating that can result to bowel logjam
The gastric banding procedure have really helped diabetic people to reduce weight. But there are other options other than gastric band surgery.
Other options include:
This technique involves the physician fastening the stomach to minimize its size. This is then followed by ascribing the stomach into the small intestine.
Which then lessens food ingestion and immersion of calories.
The drawbacks embrace the fact that it alters the gut hormones in addition to reducing the nutrient raptness.
Duodenal switch involves a maximum oftwo procedures. Principally,it involves transmitting the food to the small intestine followed by further transmission to sidestep most of the small intestine.
Who can have a gastric band?
- If your body mass index is 40 and above
- If you have other medical illnesses like type 2 diabetes or hypertension.
- If you are appropriate to have a broad anaesthetic and surgery.
- If you are loyal to losing weight and upholding your weight loss over lifestyle changes
Your weight loss physician will deliberate your diet and the changes you should mark for an improved lifestyle. Looking for a place for having gastric banding procedure? Find out more about gastric band surgery abroad.