If you are realizing that your body has even little symptoms of covid-19 then you should definitely go for Covid testing. Most of the people are avoiding this by saying its normal viral or cold symptoms and freely roaming outside, coming in close contact with others which is very dangerous for this disease as it spreads through touching.
Types of Covid Tests
- Serology test or an antibody test – It tells that if you had a past infection or not. This test should not be used to diagnose a current infection.
- A viral test – It tells that if you have a current infection or not. It is of two types’ antigen test and nucleic acid amplification test.
When you should get tested?
- If you are not vaccinated and you cannot avoid exposure such as attending large social or mass gathering, travel and being in crowded areas then Covid testing is very important for you because you are at high risk of getting covid-19 virus.
- If you have even little symptoms of covid-19 then you should not avoid testing at any cost.
- If you are fully vaccinated but having a doubt over symptoms of covid-19 in your body then you should go for testing.
How can you get tested for Covid-19 virus?
- You can visit the healthcare center of your area or health department website for finding the information of covid-19 testing. It may be possible that the type of test you want to go for is not available in your area so search according to that.
- If you have severe symptoms of covid-19 and you cannot visit public healthcare center for test then your healthcare provider can collect your sample from home for testing. This can be only done if your condition is very bad.